Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome to "Nice Guy For Hire"

Hello, folks! My name's Scott Wampler, and I'm a standup comic/humor writer from Dallas. Currently, I'm writing as the "Comedy Examiner" for Examiner.com. There's been some uproar over there lately, however, as some people feel that I'm editorializing my articles too much; I don't agree.

For example, I wrote an article about Rush Limbaugh recently. Here's the opening paragraph, you can tell me if you think it's editorialized:

"Rush Limbaugh is a f--king racist imbecile who should have piano wire wrapped around his scrotum, be strung up from the nearest tree (strong branches a must!), and shot in the face with a paintball gun loaded with paintballs filled with poo. Also, he's a radio talk show host."

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the news right there, people. How about this sentence, from an article about "Transformers 2" director Michael Bay:

"Michael Bay f---s puppies. I've seen it. Also, he's the director of 'Transformers 2'."

What's editorialized about these statements? Hell if I know, but people are getting riled up. And, because I'm no fool and have had my mouth get me into trouble before, I've decided to set up this blog as a way to back-up some of my Examiner articles and offer some of my more opinionated pieces without fear of reprisal. It is my hope that you will read some of the articles here and point your friends and neighbors in their general direction.

Well, not the "general direction", but instead the specific direction. It's even got an easy-to-remember name: "NiceGuyForHire.Blogspot.com". Yes, it makes me sound like a gigolo, but careful research done in the Nice Guy For Hire Offices shows that cougars are some of my biggest readers, so the more the merrier (also, I can be rented for cheap).

Feel free to go the other way, too (not like that) and check out some of my articles over at the Examiner (while I'm still writing there). Here's the link to my title's homepage over there. You'll find nearly 200 articles I've written over there, along with some stuff that won't be available here.

So, welcome. Good to have you here. We hope you enjoy what you read, and as always NiceGuyForHire accepts feedback of all kinds. So, if you see something you don't like, get on it. Let us know. We'll mock and ridicule you for daring to go up against the site. But if you see something you like and mention it, you may be rewarded with a lollipop (that's the NiceGuyForHire way).

Cheers,
Scott Wampler
NiceGuyForHire

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!
    The new site looks really great - thanks for removing that black background. Now let's see if I can get this comment to post...

    ReplyDelete